Monday, April 1, 2013

Robert DeLong, U Street Music Hall, Feb 14, 2013

Robert DeLong, U Street Music Hall, 2-14-13
I can't believe I forgot to review this show for so long! That's what I get for spending all my time planning my 40th birthday party last month. I saw this show on Valentine's evening with Trish and Jill. We all have awesome husbands for letting us go out that night.

Robert Delong was actually the first opener at this show, but he certainly had the most enthusiastic following. There were tons of people with neon face paint, bandanas and home-made orange X shirts showing their love for DeLong. It was well deserved. His set was fantastic and it absolutely "made us fucking dance" (from Global Concepts, his biggest hit.) I ABSOLUTELY would go see him again.

The Virgins were second on stage and were an absolute snooze-fest. I happen to love their single Rich Girl, but apparently, that's the only tune they have going for them, and they were boring on stage.

Haim is a sister act of 3 women and a pretty boy drummer that I think was hired help. They were really good live (better than recorded), but by the time they went on I was beat, so I listened from a bar stool where the view was really bad. I'd be happy to see them again paired with another act I was excited about.

No comments:

Post a Comment