Monday, April 1, 2013

River City Extension, Drowning Men, Secret Mountains, 6th and I basement, 5-31-12

Secret Mountains (a local band from Baltimore) was the first opener. The instruments were good - death metal meets atmospheric, the vocals off-pitch and too quiet. I was bored.

The Drowning Men were more interesting and better, though they relied a little too much on the sci-fi instrument you play by moving your hands in the air. Again, the vocals were too quiet - I couldn't hear the words. The sound guys for this show were terrible and so self-important. They were on the stage moving microphones an inch, then off to the side motioning the the performers every other minute. Very amateur.

River City Extension had a couple band member changes that saddened me. They seem to have swapped out two people I really liked. Again, horrible sound mixing, though great energy. They featured songs from the new album, and I liked most of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment