Monday, April 1, 2013

River City Extension, State Radio, 9:30 Club, Nov 25, 2011

You all know I love River City Extension. They openned for State Radio at the 9:30 Club Friday night, and I went with an indie concert Meetup group of 8 people. River City was fantastic. They've been touring a lot this year, and it shows in their stage presence and crowd banter. They did several new songs, most of which were folksy verging on country. They sounded fabulous, and the crowd
was very into them. There were a few audience participation moments that were fun. Great live act.

State Radio doesn't appeal to me, though if you like their sound, it was a good show. I left after a few songs, though I heard that there were several encores, lots of crowd surfing, and the drummer actually trashed his drum kit at the very end. (It was the last show on the tour.) So apparently I missed quite a
spectacle, though I was happy to be in bed early after so many shows these last couple months. Eric and I have just one left in 2011 - Birthday Massacre in Baltimore. I'm looking forward to a quite couple months before the spring touring starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment