Monday, April 1, 2013

Metric with Half Moon Run, Strathmore 9/21/12

Eric and I went to this show because we loved Fantasies by Metric so much. We bought the tickets before we'd heard the 2012 album. We should have waited. The 2012 album is not all that good.

Half Moon Run was really good live. We both felt they were a find, though they were helped by the amazing acoustics at Strathmore. Their debut album is a 2012 release and they are from Montreal. I'm not sure their recorded music is quite as good.

Metric sounded just like the album, and Emily, the singer, was beautiful, but only had a couple dance moves. The guys in the band just stood there. Eric would point out that I'm not really qualified to comment on the stage show because I was sitting while surrounded by standing people because of the strobe lights aimed straight at the audience - 20 foot towers of strobes lining the back and
side walls of the stage. I couldn't bear to look at the stage - it was horrible. So I read a book on my phone for most of the concert. Really disappointing.

Verdict:
Never again.

No comments:

Post a Comment