Monday, April 1, 2013

Decemberists, Merriweather Post Pavillion, June 13, 2011

The weather was beautiful that night, and Colin Meloy was an amazing vocalist. Jenny, the accordion player, is not touring due to breast cancer treatment, but the substitute did a fine job on keyboards, the violin, and vocals. I don't remember all the songs they played, but it was a great mix of old and new stuff. I was really happy about the performance, though nothing in particular stands out except for a joke about submitting "Dracula's Bride" or something like that to the New Moon soundtrack and being rejected. The music was absolutely beautiful and left me feeling all warm and fuzzy, even if some of the lyrics are dark.

Best Coast still sucked as much as last time I saw them. I have no idea what anyone sees in that band. The lyrics, performance, and musicality just aren't that good. I simply don't get their fan base at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment