Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Waxahatchee at Black Cat on 09-17-2013

Waxahatchee at Black Cat 9-17-13
I went to the Screaming Females concert at Black Cat on September 17, 2013, specifically for the opener, Waxahatchee. I didn't even stay to see the first song by Screaming Females, and during the first opener, Tenement, I sat and checked my phone for the entire set. Tenement was punk-light, and I didn't care for them.

Waxahatchee has amazing intensity on her recorded albums. Her voice was every bit as good in person, but the emotions didn't come through as well live. I think she was dialing it in after being on the road so long. She is not much of a performer. I don't think she even swayed to her own music.  She talked to the audience maybe twice. So it was a disappointing show. I won't seek her out again, but I will keep listening to her recorded music.

No comments:

Post a Comment