Friday, June 28, 2013

Dirty Projectors and The National, Merriweather Post Pavilion, 6-6-13


Horrible shot of Dirty Projectors, 6-6-13, MPP

Horrible shot of The National, 6-6-13, MPP












I arrived late for Dirty Projectors on Thursday, June 6, 2013 at Merriweather Post Pavilion because of the rain and subsequent traffic jams, and that was a pity, because I bought this ticket specifically to go see Dirty Projectors. It was raining and I had a lawn seat, but Merriweather was nice and let the lawn folks into the unsold Pavilion seats in the loge area. So I got to see most of the act out of the rain. They really are amazingly impressive musicians. I think it would have been incredible to watch them in an intimate venue. The voice control alone is astonishing. I didn’t even mind that they barely acknowledged the audience.

Jill and Bernie arrived in time for The National. I wasn’t impressed. They had some good lights on stage, and I learned that the band members are quite a bit older than I had imagined, but it sounded just like the recordings and there wasn’t all that much audience interaction to beef up the stiff performance. I left early and was perfectly fine with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment