Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Charli XCX and Little Daylight at U Street Music Hall 6-3-13

Little Daylight at U Street Music Hall 6-3-13

Charli XCX at U Street Music Hall 6-3-13

I went to see Charli XCX with Trish at U Street Music Hall on Monday, June 3, 2013. We got dinner a block away at Chix first (I recommend it highly, by the way), so we were late to Little Daylight. The few songs I saw them perform were good, but not memorable. Charli XCX is a wunderkind British singer-songwriter. She wrote “I Love It” by Icona Pop and has a new album she’s supporting. She got rave reviews for her live show at SXSW, so I was excited to see her. I felt she delivered, though I had a horrible view for most of the show. The songs are all pop rock – the kind you can dance to and sing along with.  She talked to the audience some, and she was energetic on stage. I hope I get to see her again from a better vantage point. Trish HATED the cover song she did – some 80s crap that I can’t even remember now.

No comments:

Post a Comment