Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Julian Casablancas and Mr. Twin Sister, 9:30 Club, October 17, 2014

Eric and I went to the Julian Casablancas concert at 9:30 Club on Friday, October 17, 2014. We arrived a bit late, not realizing that it was the earlier show of a two-show night, so we missed the first opener, Continue. We arrived during the second opener, Mr. Twin Sister. (I believe they used to just be "Twin Sister," but got sued and had to change their name.) They sounded good, but I've always found them forgettable as a recorded act and live didn't add anything. I guess they just aren't my thing.
Mr. Twin Sister, 9:30 Club, 10-17-2014

Julian Casablancas and the Voidz were a train wreck. Who gets that chemically altered at 8 pm? And was their sound guy deaf? The mixing was unbearable and the performance was very pre-rehab. Get help before you OD, Julian. I love his recorded music, but I'm not going to try seeing him live again. It's just too much of a train wreck. We left less than 30 minutes into the act. I was very disappointed.
Julian Casablancas, 9:30 Club, 10-17-2014

On the plus side, I spotted Bob Boilen for the second time in a week! I'm on a roll in my personal game of "Where's Boilen?" (Like Where's Waldo for concert geeks.)

No comments:

Post a Comment