Friday, June 27, 2014

Air Traffic Controller, June 7, 2014 at Iota

I have been wanting to see Air Traffic Controller for more than a year, ever since I heard "You Know Me" from their 2012 album NORDO. They've been a band since 2009 or so, but they started to really break out last year. I really thought they were more established than it turns out they are. They are entirely professional as performers - excellent live, very engaging and talented. It would have easily had been a favorite concert of the year for me if I hadn't just received some worrying news about Eric's health (further testing determined it's a minor issue, but it sounded VERY scary when we first heard it.) So I was distracted. We did have seats though, which is rare and very appreciated.

Air Traffic Controller, Iota, 6-7-14

Air Traffic Controller, Iota, 6-7-14


I was amazed that so few people were there to see them. They are a little like Decemberists or other pseudo-folk indie acts. The vocals are great, and I love several songs on their album. They were a top favorite of mine in 2013. Good news for you, though - they are coming back to the DC area at Iota on Friday, August 22, 2014.  Iota is at the Clarendon/Courthouse metro stop, if you don't know. It's about as small as the name states, but a great venue all the same. Tickets are day-of only and usually about $10 cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment