Saturday, September 20, 2014

Lowell at DC9 on September 7, 2014

I LOVE Lowell's recorded music: edgy (highly sexual) lyrics with pop electronic music. Cloud 69 is one of my favorite releases of this year. Based on her recorded music, I was expecting something amazing at her show. I was a bit disappointed. I think she might have been having trouble with her voice that night. Maybe a cold?  Her performance quality was impressive - she gave it her all - but the sound of her voice was not as good as her recorded music. She also had a lot more slow songs than I realized. I've only ever listed to a few upbeat ones she's written. I found the slower stuff a bit dull. I have to give it to her for playing her heart out with almost no one in the audience. She danced around with abandon for the couple dozen people standing around staring at her.  It felt very exhibitionist of her, and I was impressed by her nerve. She was wearing a home-made fishnet style dress that occasionally flashed boob.  The home made part was where she strategically added Lowell in white duct tape and Sharpie. I left before the main act (Money).


My Photo:
Lowell, DC9, 9-7-14





















Infinitely Better Photos from All Songs Considered:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/allsongs/

No comments:

Post a Comment