Sunday, February 16, 2014

Jeremy Messersmith with opener Tristen at Jammin' Java on Feb 7, 2014

I love Jeremy Messersmith. He's a singer-songwriter with a wry sense of humor in his lyrics. Eric, Genevieve and I all went to his house concert the last time he came through town and it was magical - my best show of the year. This show was also very good. I bought tickets right when they went on sale and was able to snag actual table-side seats, which was great, except that the tall people standing on the floor in front of us weren't quite low enough to see over easily, so I ended up  tilting and turning my head a lot for a better view. We ended up seated with 3 people who ALSO went to the house concert and they were fun to talk to.

Tristen, Jammin' Java, 2-7-14


Tristen, the opener, has a very good voice, but I found her songs uninspired, and her banter HORRIBLE.  She heckled the crowd about not spending enough on merch before her set was even finished. Anyone who was considering buying her merchandise was completely turned off by her bitchiness.

Jeremy Messersmith, Jammin' Java, 2-7-14



Jeremy Messersmith brought a 3-piece backup band on tour with him this time. Some of his songs were enhanced by the band, others sounded better in the original solo-guitar. He did a lot of his hits, and plenty from the new love songs album, out this month.  I LOVED several of the new songs.  It's Only Dancing and I Wanna Be Your One Night Stand were very memorable. He did a segment in the middle that was solo with his guitar (so they don't kick him out of the singer-songwriter union, he said). His banter was engaging. It was a great show.  I highly recommend him.

No comments:

Post a Comment